Produced by Appligent Document Solutions
APCrypt is a server-based application that encrypts PDF files with 128-bit or 256-bit AES security, the most secure password-based mechanism available to Adobe® Acrobat® X.
Use to ensure no one changes the content of PDF files, or may copy text or images from within it. Password-protect files to ensure that only the people you authorize can see or edit the contents.
Optionally, encrypt PDF and non-PDF file attachments for secure delivery within PDF “envelopes”.
- Apply 256-bit AES encryption to PDF documents; the latest and most secure Adobe Acrobat standard encryption mechanism
- Secure Envelopes; apply 256-bit AES security to PDF and non-PDF file attachments while leaving the PDF itself unencrypted
- 40-bit or 128-bit RC4 Encryption to support older versions of Adobe Acrobat® or Reader®
- User password to control who may view, print, or modify a document, and an owner password to control who may change security settings
- Owner password, dynamically remove encryption settings from your documents, enabling users to change previously encrypted files or apply new encryption settings
- Set Document Permissions to control viewing, printing, copying, assembly and accessibility.
File Management Features
- Optionally, retain current file modification date
- Utilize PDF as a secure delivery envelope for attached files
- Linearize output PDFs for faster viewing when viewed in a browser
- Consistent with Title 1 of the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) of 1998, Appligent Document Solutions software will only permit the modification of encrypted documents when the owner password is supplied
- No limit on concurrent users or connections
- No limit on the number of documents processed
- No limit on threads run as many instances as you want
- Call from any programming or scripting language including (but not limited to) Perl, PHP, Java, C++, ASP & .Net, Visual Basic, Cold Fusion, and Lotus Notes
- May be integrated with other Appligent Document Solutions server products as part of a complete PDF workflow solution
- Supports PDF 1.0 and higher
Supported Operating Systems
XP (32-bit), Vista (32- and 64-bit) & 2008 Server
Linux (RedHat, SUSE, Ubuntu, etc.)
Kernel 2.4, 32 bit
Kernel 2.6, 32 bit
Kernel 2.6 64 bit
5.2 & above on Power
Oracle (Sun) Solaris
10 and above on SPARC
11i & above on Itanium & PA-RISC
Apple Mac OS X
10.5 & above on Intel x86
See the User Guide for complete documentation.
Use APCrypt to encrypt documents on the fly before they are delivered over a network. In an electronic document workflow, APCrypt can be scripted for multistage processing and used with our other products as part of a complete PDF workflow solution.