Chaired by PDF Association Board member Bernd Wild, the PDF/A Technical Working Group (TWG) is a collaborative organization of developers leveraging the TWG’s resources to share their knowledge and experience of PDF/A technology in a vendor-neutral space.
- Guaranteed access to content: PDF/A ensures that documents may be reproduced in the unforeseeable future.
- All documents accepted: Electronic or paper source; it doesn’t matter. Almost any document can become PDF/A-compliant.
- An International Standard: ISO 19005 (PDF/A) is managed by the international community in an open and democratic process.
- Conformance may be validated: PDF/A conformance imposes stringent technical requirements. A wide variety of vendors produce tools for checking and correcting documents to ensure they meet PDF/A standards.
- Better for business and the environment: As “electronic paper” PDF/A enables better document workflows, reduces waste and carbon emissions and improves overall efficiency.
Members of the PDF Association may participate in online and in-person PDF/A TWG meetings, subscribe to the PDF/A TWG mailing list, access the PDF Association’s Jira, and gain other benefits as well. Review the options for membership, or get in touch!